Friday, May 17, 2013

Taxi in Japan

  We happen to need to ride a taxi today so we rode a taxi from the main base gas station to north housing area where we live.The base fee of the taxi starts from 640 yen which is about $6.50. then the price goes up really quickly after starting the taxi. It took about 5 minutes to come from the gas station to the housing area but the price for the taxi was 1650 yen which is about $17~$18. and YES, they accept the tip. I don't think it is unnecessary to give the taxi driver the tip either on base or off base. I asked if they accept the tip because my husband asked me to do so. Of course, who doesn't like free money for their service? Anyways, OK we appreciate their service, So I gave them about $5 as yen (coins).

  Taxi is very very expensive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment