Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Base housing and a dehumidifier and a humidifier dilemma

Living in Misawa almost for a year and half.. I have seen the transition of on base housing in a positive way. One of the great things that ever happened in Misawa AFB is probably air conditioner installation. I started to living on north side housing since it was newly remodeled and it was definitely quiet than main base housing.  Now that the air conditioners are installed , dehumidifiers might not be needed. Some of the base housing has not equipped with the air conditioners though. It is totally up to your decision to purchase one or not. I didn't have a problem living without humidifiers even though we needed to come to BX just for the air conditioner. It would be great to have one but it's not a necessity. A humidifier I bought from BX doesn't seem like doing its job. I am not planning to buy another one at this moment rather we're using it as a white noise maker at master bedroom. 


My husband and I were living in apartment in Vegas so we were imagine the tower would be the same as Vegas apartment. Shortly after moving to Misawa JP, we realize this is 100% different than Vegas apartment. we wouldn't be able to hear single sound throughout the day, week. People seems to be worried about having so many neighbors around by living in a tower and have annoying people or neighbors would be the worst thing ever living in overseas. one thing to remember choosing a house would be if you can handle all of the house chores, mow grass 2-3 times a week, shovel the snow (about 8 inches average), and many more. It is nice to have kids to run around easily in the yard that is belonged to the family. As a family without kids, living in the tower is definitely recommended as far as I experienced so far. 


1 comment:

  1. I also like the quiet environment, I just don't like children, I live alone in the country, I feel great.

    ReplyDelete