Sunday, June 2, 2013

Group Exercise class - Yoga & Spin at Fitness

  I was so surprised how many good group workout classes are here in misawa. I'd like to talk about the classes that I've taken so far and my impression about those classes.

The schedule is available at http://35fss.com/fitness.html  

Kickboxing FIP
  I expected this class to be more like real kickboxing. I thought I could be able to learn some skills with tone up my body. the class was more like zumba with lots of kicks. This class is great if someone is a fan of zumba and like dancing with music.

Yoga Sculpt
 This is little bit modified version of yoga. participants need to bring weights that he/she can handle and the class is combined with half time of yoga and halt time to weight lifting. I brought 2 sets of same weights and little heavier weight. It worked out perfectly. I would like to go back to the class and start to go regularly.

Cardio & ABS FIP
  I haven't gone to this class yet. the maintenance person at fitness said  this class is aerobic for half and hour and half an hour for ABS workout with music.

Indoor Cycling / Instructor: Adele / Katy
  Great spin class. 50 minutes of cycling with music. instructors are amazing. I bring 2 bottles of water and towel to swipe the sweat. I found there are usually 15 or less people at the cycling room.

Power Yoga
  This yoga class engages more of stretching. It's great yoga class because I need to stretch my hamstring especially for better performance of running, walking, or cycling. This class usually pretty peaked with people. instructor will be gone after this summer because of her PCSing. I wish she stayed with us but well this is military life. I hope there will be same structured class for future.

No comments:

Post a Comment